Thursday 8 December 2011

Keb Vs. Life 08/12/11

Life goes on. That's my message of the day to everyone (by that I mean the all of 1 person who reads this) No matter how big a mistake you make (unless you get your hands on nuclear weapons) it won't end the world and tomorrow will still come. Everything will change maybe, but time will march on.

Which I suppose brings us to today's story. I recently got a job working on the cashiers at sainsburys and I am lucky enough to have my mother as a boss (*sarcastic happy dance*) and it's not too bad. But because I'm under eighteen I can't sell alcohol to people and have to call a supervisor over to approve it. You know what? People are not jut awkward, they are downright nasty.

This one man who came in only came through with only alcohol - despite the fact that there is a sign on my till stating that I am under 18 and have to call a supervisor - and when I explain it to him and ask him if he would like to go to another till or wait for a supervisor he goes: Why are you on a till if you are under 18?

So I looked at him, smiled sweetly (though I was thinking of some choice words mind you) and said: I'm sorry sir, I can work on the till at sixteen, but I can only sell items that I am legally old enough to buy myself.

He looks at me and goes: Get off the till you stupid girl, where is your manager?

I had to suppress the biggest urge to punch him in the face, but I didn't. I went: 'Sorry sir,' (through gritted teeth and the most sarcastic tone ever) I will call my manager, but she will say the same thing, I have every right not to sell you this alcohol, so please bare with me'

He looked stunned that I had spoken to him in that way, but most of the other customers were trying not to laugh. How is it my fault if someone is a class a douche and isn't afraid to act like one? Like really, what the hell happened to manners? Chivalry I get, because of feminists, but manners cost nothing. Stop being an uneducated twit and act like a somewhat decent human being XD

I got deeply told off for what I did, but time marches on, and it was soo bloody worth it ;)

Kebby x

1 comment:

  1. You rock. I love it. So glad I found this blog LOL Have a great day

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete