Wednesday 11 May 2011

Keb Vs. Life 09/04/11

Morning all,

I was in Birmingham the other week and as I was walking down the high street I heard something that stirred fits of laughter from my stomach - "Homosexuality is a disease, Jesus can heal you"

Well, my first reaction was - this Jesus fellow must be pretty impressive if he can heal people from the afterlife. My second reaction was this - If God is all-loving and gave us the power of free will then why the hell can't I be gay?

I would have gone up to them and have a lengthy philosophical debate with them had I not been with my Christian Grandmother who doesn't know I'm gay. I wasn't particularly fond of treating a heart attack in the middle of the busy Birmingham high street.

Being gay is not a disease. I don't go around telling you how to live your life so don't go around telling me how to live mine. How many religions are there? They can't all be true, they contradict each other too much. I'm not saying you shouldn't believe, by all means go ahead, whatever gets you through the day. My only problem is when you use religion as an excuse to bully perfectly innocent people for being a little different to you.

If being gay is abnormal and wrong because it's a minority and we weren't born to be this way originally, then by the same logic you should be chasing vegetarians with your massive killer bibles and smacking them round the head with it as well. Humans are born with the ability to eat meat, and the majority of people do. But that doesn't make them wrong, or such a big target for bullying, does it?

If you don't like gay relationships/marriage, then the answer is quite simple: don't get one.

For an English assignment we had to write a speech about an ambition. I chose to do one on promoting gay rights and helping to get them accepted in this society. When I had finished I had made a couple of people cry, and a few came up to me and said how it was a great speech and that it really made them think.

But it didn't really change anything. I still hear the comments people pass about me as I walk down the corridor, and I still get gay joke after gay joke during conversations (which, guys, are getting boring, can't you think up some more original ones?) and it made me sad.

I thought out generation was suppose to be the one that is going to change the world! But maybe I was wrong, maybe it's going to take longer than I thought.

Why does there have to be something to pick on? Woman, blacks, religion, gays, handicapped people.

The American deceleration states 'free rights for all'

When will everyone realize that 'all' really does mean ALL?


By the way, you can guarantee this won't be my last rant on being gay.

Kebby x

No comments:

Post a Comment