Saturday 14 May 2011

Keb Vs. Life 14/05/11

First, I would like to say: OMG HUGH LAURIE HAS AN ALBUM *drool*

*awkward cough*

Anyway, my topic for today: The music industry.

By my dad's definition, anything without a guitar is 'black R'n'B crap' and that anyone that listens to today's auto tuned pop culture is wrong in the head, has no life, and needs to listen to some real music.

I agree, to a certain extent, I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'black R'n'B crap' because it's not. Like LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem is actually pretty amazing in my opinion. But Rebecca Black's - Friday makes me want to remove my ears from my head with a blunt spoon, and the video for it? There isn't an insult bad enough to describe it. What really made me disappointed in today's pop culture was the fact they thought it would be a good idea to preform Friday on Glee. God help us.

Some people would expect me to also thoroughly rip Justin Bieber and Jedward to shreds too. But I can't because they don't even qualify as music, and thus cannot be insulted in the middle of my music industry rant... but while we are here, Justin Beiber seriously does look like a thirteen year old girl with a short lesbian hair cut, and Jedwards hair styles? *shudder*

Do you want to know what real music is? Real music is FooFighters, Iron Maiden, Avril Lavigne, Nickelback, Green Day, My chemical romance and Linkin Park (Y'know before their latest album, which is a fail)

Not this Auto tuned, pre-puberty, screaming fan-girl attracting shit.

Rebecca Black's video on Youtube has 139,024,056 views. As of 14:10 today. Overall it has 3,136,629 ratings. 2,753,317 are dislikes. The poster of the video had to stop comments being posted because it was just pages and pages of insults. Rebecca has even received death threats due to her music.

Now yeah, while it sucks and is one of the most terrible things to have happened to music in forever (excluding Miley Cyrus, Jedward and Justin Bieber) I don't think she deserves death threats. I mean she's what? fifteen? and all she's done is sold her soul to some record company who have written and produced this song. It's not her fault most people are mind numbingly stupid.

And the death threats just prove my philosophy that the general public are morons.

I was explaining this to my friend the other day, you can hate what it's done, you can hate the fans, but you can't hate the person, or the book (we were talking about Twilight) if you have never met them, or never read it. It's impossible to hate someone you've never met. You can hate their music, you can hate their fans, and you can hate the fact it made your ears bleed. But you can't hate the actual person. For all you know they could be really nice.

But damn do I hate their music.

Kebby x

P.S Subscribe via email, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment