Monday 16 May 2011

Keb Vs. Life 16/05/11

Do you know what makes me laugh? When people are stupid enough to click links on facebook that are quite obviously a virus. Like that new dislike button that's currently circulating. It's not REAL you dumb ass.

Anyway, rant for today: Religion

Einstein said: Religion without Science is lame, Science without Religion is blind.

Christians believe that people are made in the image of God and that we differ from animals because we have souls whereas animals don't. I don't believe this- some men don't have souls. When I said this to my Dad his reply was: I have souls, soles on the bottom of my shoes, and people who believe in God? Why, they're ar-souls.

It made me giggle I must admit. He dared me to write it in my exam tomorrow. Isn't he a great role-model?

The fact is. You can't logically argue with an illogical person, in this metaphor, science is logical, and religion is illogical. Okay yes it was used to explain the unexplainable but now we don't really need it because science does it for us. The only difference is there is actual proof for science.

My dad said religion causes poverty, because in like the middle ages or whatever a lot of money was put toward building churches and donating to the church. Then they would blame God when they had no food. Well clever people, if you hadn't given the money to build a large house then you could go buy grain and you wouldn't starve.

Despite it's name, common sense really isn't all that common.

Plus power corrupts and when you could only get the bible in Latin it's said that the Vicars/Priests/person would manipulate the people who could barely read English let alone Latin so they could pretty much make it all up and say whatever they liked.

If you've done GCSE history like I have you'll also see how much Religion has hindered the development of medicine. Imagine - without religion how much more advanced do you reckon you'd be? If you took away all the time it took for ideas to become accepted and use that time to develop better ideas. We could have been hundreds of years more advanced in medical knowledge.

The only good point to religion that I can see is that it nurtures hope and faith. Which aren't necessarily bad things.

And if my shoulder didn't really hurt and I was allowed my laptop for longer I would've written more but I has to go now.

Conclusion: Religion bad. Science good.

Kebby x

P.S *points to follow by email box*

No comments:

Post a Comment